Administrative Assistant (HR & Finance)
Company: Georgian Court University
Posted on: November 22, 2021
The Administrative Assistant position is comprised of 25% CFO
Support for the Finance and Administration office and 75% HR
Support. This is a 35 hour per week position that provides the
following: Executive level administrative support to the VP for
Finance and Administration and HR support to the HR Director and
staff such as assisting and working with search committees on
hiring process, employment offers, ADP Workforce Now HRIS
maintenance and reporting, unemployment hearings and other duties
- Organize and expedite flow of work through VP's office (mail,
telephone, calendar, scheduling of meetings, room reservations,
catering, contacts, call screening, etc.)
- Record, transcribe and distribute meeting minutes as
- Provide support for the audit committee
- Prepare new hire forms and offer letters.
- Process background checks for employees.
- Motor vehicle list maintenance.
- Administer employment verifications.
- Provide new hire information for emergency notification
- Create personnel files for employees and maintain.
- Complete forms, participate in DOL unemployment hearings and
complete annual occupational survey.
- Assist in the preparation, typing and mailing of
- Maintain work manual to ensure all processes are continuously
well documented and followed.
- Process HR Department mail.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Filing documents into employee files.
- Integrate the core values of respect, compassion, integrity,
justice, and service in all aspects of interaction.Qualifications:
- High School diploma required; some college preferred.
- At least 3+ years of successful work experience in a Human
Resources Assistant position.
- Excellent information gathering skills.
- Superior problem solving skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now HRIS record maintenance and
reporting preferred or other HRIS.
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel
and PowerPoint required); e-mail, and internet research; aptitude
for learning new software.
- High level of tact, integrity and ability to maintain strict
- Excellent judgment and decision making ability.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and
customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- A professional team player with a positive can-do attitude and
demeanor is a must.
- Higher education experience desirable (not required).
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously with
accuracy in a fast paced environment.
**Effective October 1, 2021, proof of vaccination or submission of
weekly COVID-19 tests are required for all Georgian Court
employees. A copy of your CDC vaccination card should be shared
with the Office of Human Resources before your first day of
employment. All information will be kept confidential****Must be US
Keywords: Georgian Court University, Lakewood , Administrative Assistant (HR & Finance), Administration, Clerical , Lakewood, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!