Sr. Accessibility Engineer
Posted on: January 4, 2022
In this role, you'll be a key Center of Excellence (COE) point
person, enabling product accessibility. You'll serve as a
consultant to UX, agile, product, design, development and
engineering teams. You'll also be responsible for identifying and
suggesting potential solutions to meet legislative and industry
standards such as WCAG 2.1, Section 508, and other global
- Work closely with leadership on the definition, evangelization,
and roll out of accessibility best practices
- Monitor Accessibility Testing practices across the agile
- Help identify current accessibility problem areas and work
closely with development teams on solutions
- Review and anticipate potential accessibility issues for new
features or technology
- Educate/Train/Coach agile teams on accessibility best practices
- Research, design, and work with management to implement new
tools for accessibility
- Drive key accessibility standards, requirements, and their
application to assessment delivery implementation and interaction
with assistive technologies.
- Work closely with various teams through development and
- Consistently ensure that business is conducted with integrity
at all times and that behavior aligns with iCIMS policies,
procedures, and core competencies--Additional Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and takes initiative.
- Maintains flexibility and reacts to change appropriately.
- Receives and acts on feedback and lessons learned for continual
professional improvement and development.
- Takes measures to enhance body of knowledge and skill set
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of experience in accessibility and/or as a Software
- Ability to work closely with Product Owners and BAs on
- Expert in accessibility coding standards
- Demonstrated success leading groups to deliver web and mobile
experiences that meet high accessibility standards.
- Familiarity with legislative and industry-based standards such
as W3C/WAI Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0,
WAI-ARIA and 508 guidelines
- Experience with assistive technology such as JAWS, NVDA,
VoiceOver, as well as accessibility features in Windows and
- Understanding of user experiences (including complex online
tasks and mobile- and device-centric interaction)
- Ability to work independently with little direction, team
oriented, results-driven environment
- Innovative, self-motivated, possessing excellent interpersonal,
communication and leadership skills
- Strong fundamentals in problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with
multiple software development teams consisting of developers,
quality assurance, product management and project management
Keywords: iCIMS, Lakewood , Sr. Accessibility Engineer, Engineering , Lakewood, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!