Posted on: August 2, 2022
$1,000 Sign on Bonus! *Sign on bonus only applies to Accupac
Direct Hires. Awarded after 6 months of employment. Cannot
currently be an Accupac employee or have been employed by Accupac
from 5/1/2020-5/1/2021. Promotion ends 9/1/2022.
The Manufacturing Engineer, Project Manager is responsible for
helping to assess Accupac' s core competency, packaging equipment
systems, and any other special requirements associated with the
packaging department in Accupac's Lakewood facility. The individual
will provide leadership and direction to cross-functional areas
related to process improvement and will drive continuous
improvement in productivity and quality across the packaging
operation. This role will be responsible for creation of and
population of metrics boards as well as continuous evaluation of
Accupac's packaging department competency, systems, capacities, and
improvements. This role will be accountable to drive the continuous
improvement vision through a lean, data-driven approach by
implementing and supporting the sustainability of lean tools and
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Create and update KPI boards and production output
- Use metrics-based approach for project selection to increase
overall OEE and individual line capacity and output
- Identify and prioritize opportunities to increase efficiency,
reduce costs, and improve quality to support achievement of
business results in packaging department
- Use formal, data-driven problem-solving and implementation
methodologies to drive initiatives forward and deliver measurable
- Lead and participate in lean initiatives, such as 5S, Value
Stream mapping, process observation, analysis, and Kaizen
- Train individuals and teams in the use of lean tools to promote
a culture of continuous improvement
- Help develop and present business cases to justify and support
potential improvement projects and capital expenditure
- Work with Operations, Quality Assurance, Customer Service,
Human Resources, Procurement, and other teams when cross-functional
- Identify, document, and leverage external and internal best
- Coach and support the development of supervisors, managers, and
other leaders on continuous improvement levers and change
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements of the Job: - Broad operational packaging
experience - Strong mechanical background and understanding of
pneumatic and PLC controlled equipment - Strong foundational
understanding of Operational Excellence and LEAN concepts -
Demonstrated understanding of fact-based decision-making and
analytical processes related to quality management and process
improvement - Strong project management, quantitative and
analytical skills - Experience implementing data-driven culture and
change management - Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to collaborate with and influence key stakeholders and
- Able to walk/stand on concrete floors for up to three (3) hours
per day and for long distances.
- Able to bend/stoop repeatedly.
- Able to climb step stools and maintain balance.
- Able to lift/carry items up to 40 pounds.
- Able to push/pull items up to 75 pounds.
- Able to hear/execute speech in person and over the
- Able to hear phones ring, alarms sound through ambient noise
and everyday conversation.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes
Travel: Minimal - Mainland, PA
Education and/or Experience:
Required: - BS degree in mechanical and/or industrial engineering
or related field - At least 5 years of professional experience in
manufacturing/operations - Lean/Six Sigma project and Kaizen
Experience - Experience in a pharmaceutical/cGMP environment -
Experience in effective change management - Experience in a
Preferred: - Experience in a fast-paced make-to-order environment -
Knowledge of pharmaceutical/biotech operations and regulations
Keywords: Accupac, Lakewood , Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Lakewood, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!