Director Of Quality Assurance
Company: Astor Chocolate
Posted on: March 11, 2020
Director of Quality, Food Safety, and Regulatory Affairs
The Director of Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory Affairs leads
the development and implementation of the Food Safety and Quality
strategy of the company. You will be charged with putting safety
and quality first as we deliver the right product, to the right
customer on time, every time. This is what we strive to accomplish
on a daily basis. This position works collaboratively with
manufacturing, purchasing, and logistic teams to implement the Food
Safety and Quality Strategy and to manage food safety risk
compliance for the entire company. This position is responsible for
monitoring and assessing manufacturing, purchasing, and logistic
operations from food safety risk program compliance for the entire
company. The Director will serve as liaison among production,
purchasing, R&D and sales departments to ensure all
specifications and customer requirements are pertinent, accurate,
well documented and followed. This position will work closely with
senior management to maintain impeccable quality and cleanliness
standards on an audit ready every day basis. Who are you?
- Integrity is at the core of who you are. You earn people's
trust, with the ability to maintain the confidentiality of
sensitive information as you field inquiries.
- You've got drive and can handily manage new tasks without the
benefit of written procedures.
- Your curious mindset enables you to interpret complex data,
developing and communicating value-add solutions.
- You're approachable, actively listening and adapting your style
to the audience.
- You're flexible, a solution seeker. You embrace the grey,
troubleshooting in a fast paced environment to achieve the
necessary results. Responsibilities
- Accountable for strategic food safety and compliance
leadership, including integration of quality into the business in
all functions and all levels, developing, improving and executing a
quality management system that ensures compliance to appropriate
food safety, regulatory, customer and quality requirements.
- Ongoing development, implementation, and management of all
aspects of quality programs. Includes maintaining SOPs and product
specifications for all products.
- Manage Food Safety and Quality Programs as per SQF
Requirements. HACCP and FDA regulatory compliance including GMPs
and third party audit requirements (GFSI).
- Ensure Food Safety, Quality and Process Control issues are
successfully resolved including effective use of Root Cause
Analyses and Corrective and Preventative Action tools.
- Forge partnerships within the team and across departments so
you thoroughly understand our business and processes, identifying
the most efficient, effective strategic direction for Total Quality
- Responsible for leadership of the Quality and Regulatory teams
to include mentoring, teaching, and ensuring the team is trained
and current on all quality systems and regulatory issues
- Responsible for ongoing employee training activities designed
to keep employees knowledgeable and informed of SOPs, methods, and
Good Manufacturing Practices. Ensure standards for personal hygiene
are met and implements corrective actions where needed.
- Provide technical expertise in Innovation and Commercialization
projects by working collaboratively with all internal teams.
- Direct and monitor compliance with FSMA rules and regulations
at all facilities, including supplier approval program and Foreign
Supplier Verification Program.
- Regulatory Affairs and Labeling:
- Lead the development and review of label change requests and
artwork ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Provide regulatory guidance and support to manufacturing,
sales, research & development, and project teams as needed
- Bachelor of Science in Food Science, Chemistry, Microbiology or
equivalent Scientific Discipline.
- Minimum of seven to ten leading teams in charge of quality,
food safety, ideally from an FDA/USDA regulated industry (e.g.,
food, beverage, confectionery a plus).
- Experience with FSMA and current food related regulations. PCQI
- Experience with GFSI, regulatory, and customer audits. SQF
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team
- Understanding of regulatory and food law at the state and
federal level including labeling and organic, and kosher
Keywords: Astor Chocolate, Lakewood , Director Of Quality Assurance, Executive , Lakewood, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!