Company: Ocean Health Initiatives
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Ocean Health Initiatives, Inc. (OHI) is a Federally Qualified
Health Center (FQHC) dedicated to providing quality, accessible and
comprehensive primary health care to the residents of Ocean and
Monmouth County; regardless of economic status.
Our Health Center Locations: Brick, Freehold, Lakewood, Little Egg
Harbor, Manahawkin, Manchester and Toms River; with our
school-based Wellness Programs located within the Clifton Ave Grade
School, Lakewood; and Lakewood High School.
OHI services include family and internal medicine, pediatrics,
behavioral health, nutrition, OB/GYN women's health, dental, family
planning, specialty care, pharmacies, PrEP, and a STI clinic.
Reporting to the Chief Medical Officer (CMO), the Dental Director
is responsible for providing dental care to the patients of Ocean
Health Initiatives (OHI) that is consistent with accepted
professional standards including diagnosis, preventative,
operative, surgical and oral pathologic dental procedures. The
Dental Director will provide care and services in accordance with
the policies and procedures established by OHI, OSHA standards,
other Regulatory Agencies and other safety and health related codes
and laws. The Dental Director is responsible for all clinical and
administrative policies/protocols of the Dental Department.
1. Works cooperatively with all providers and staff to carry out
the goals and objectives of OHI, according to established policies
2. Assists with the development, implementation, and monitoring of
clinic policies, procedures and protocols, as needed to achieve OHI
goals and objectives.
3. Actively manages provider productivity.
4. Establishes provider schedules and monitors PTO.
5. Assists in recruitment and training of providers.
6. Assists with the development, implementation, and monitoring of
Dental Quality Assurance program.
7. Provides clinical data pertaining to the UDS report and Health
Plan as requested by CMO and Quality Assurance Manager.
8. Attends and actively participates in departmental and medical
staff meetings as required.
9. Supports health center colleagues with internal referrals when
10. Provides oral health assessment, diagnosis and treatment as
11. Ensures that his/her documentation in the oral health record
justifies prescribed treatment and includes findings/progress, oral
health orders, and plan of care, in accordance with OHI policy and
12. Provides general dentistry care for all individuals without
regard to ability to pay, race, color, origin or creed, according
to OHI policy.
13. With the assistance of the Coordinator of the Dental
Department, oversees all dentists and dental assistants.
14. Oversees the Coordinator for the Dental Department.
15. Provides consultation, guidance and direction to dental support
staff to ensure continuity and quality of services of care.
16. Advises patients on dental care education issues when
17. Effectively and efficiently completes all paperwork
requirements for billing and medical records compliance.
18. Protects patient's oral health by diagnosing and treating
diseases, injuries, abnormalities of teeth and gums, and
undertaking preventive procedures.
19. Advises patients on good health practices.
20. Uses effective clinical judgment in referring patients and
receiving referrals. Refers patients to specialists when required
and in accordance with their insurance restrictions.
21. Performs procedures on patients in need. Develops and
implements goals and objectives to ensure high quality, cost
effective clinical care.
22. Ensures all patient charts are completed within 24 hours of the
patient visit and the charting is accurate to support clinical and
documentation requirements via Electronic Health System.
23. Plans and implements policies, procedures, and systems to
achieve stated goals and to ensure compliance with all Regulatory
Agencies, regulatory/third party mandates.
24. Active participant in OHI's Performance Improvement Process,
departmental meetings, and other OHI meetings as scheduled.
25. Provides dental departmental reports to the CMO as
26. Willingness to work evenings and weekends as required.
27. Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with other dentists, physicians, and healthcare staff
28. Ability to work in a variety of settings such as the
traditional office, mobile dental van, etc.
29. Attends outside meetings/functions (ex: health fairs,
educational sessions to outside organizations, etc.) as designated
30. Evaluates and addresses patient complaints as assigned.
31. Ability to work within a team setting and to relate to the
special needs of the patient population.
32. Provides consultation, guidance and directions to dental
support staff to ensure continuity and quality of services and
33. Active in continuing and maintaining a high level of
professional skills and knowledge.
34. Works to ensure patient satisfaction by communicating with
patients in a caring and compassionate manner.
35. Presents information to patients at an educational level
consistent with their understanding.
36. Listens attentively to patient complaints and resolves or
refers to appropriate individuals.
37. Complies with treatment protocols as they are developed and
38. Demonstrates concern for patient's rights, privacy, and
39. Adheres to the American Dental Association Code of Professional
40. Works collaboratively with all members of the Senior Management
and Management Teams to function as a cohesive and professional
41. Works collaboratively with all members of the Senior Management
and Management Teams to resolve departmental and organizational
challenges expeditiously, economically, professionally and with
minimum disruption to the practice.
42. Ability to develop and maintain cooperative and effective
working relationships with the CEO, CMO, and other members of the
Management Team, Board, and community groups.
43. Leads and manages staff by professional example and
demonstrates the CODE with professional demeanor at all times when
interacting with staff, patients and community.
44. Attends all mandatory in-services and meetings required by
45. Completes all mandatory in-services in a timely fashion.
46. Adheres to Corporate Compliance policies.
47. Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
--- Graduate of an accredited School of Dentistry
--- 3-5 years of experience in general dentistry with a diverse
--- Maintains Continuing Educational Requirements.
Licensure and Certifications:
--- CDS and DEA License to prescribe and maintain controlled
substances are required.
--- Active State of New Jersey Dental License and Board
Certification are required.
--- CPR, BCLS, and ACLS certification are required.
Paid Time Off (PTO)
401(k) + 5% match
Group Term Life Insurance
Flexible Spending Account
Criminal Background Checks
Keywords: Ocean Health Initiatives, Lakewood , Dental Director, Executive , Lakewood, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!