R&D Formulation Manager
Posted on: May 10, 2022
$1,000 Sign on Bonus!
*Sign on bonus only applies to Accupac Direct Hires. Awarded after
6 months of employment. Cannot currently be an Accupac employee or
have been employed by Accupac from 5/1/2020-5/1/2021. Promotion
Hybrid Opportunity: 75% remote
Basic Job Functions:
Responsible for building and maintaining a research and development
team focused on new formulation development for the personal care
industry (skin care, hair care, oral care, etc.)
Manages the development activities for new products and the
reformulation of existing products when needed from concept stage
through scale up to ensure product meets all technical aspects of
customer and consumer acceptance.
Lead and manage a team of chemists of varying levels
Responsible for motivating team to innovate and create new products
utilizing the latest technology, trends and consumer insights to
attract new business opportunities
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Establish and articulate goals and expectations from an R&D
and product development standpoint and ensure the vision is carried
- Create R&D/ product development processes and procedures to
ensure successful and timely execution of projects
- Manage the development of new formulations, and reformulations
when needed, based on customer direction ensuring all needed
testing and scale up work is properly executed
- Design a dynamic portfolio of formulations based on the latest
technologies, trends and consumer insights
- Identify new technologies for portfolio growth and strengthened
market positions while monitoring competitive market
- Meet with vendors and attend relevant seminars to stay current on
all new technologies and ingredients available for use to drive
product differentiation and business growth
- Maintain continuing awareness of scientific and technological
advances relating to the development of products by reviewing
various publications and competitive advertising, patents and new
- Manages relationships with external resources and partners for
services needed to support successful product development or other
- Provide technical guidance to sales and project management teams
on the R&D/ product development process, as well as attend any
pertinent meetings with customers to support the growth of the
R&D business and drive successful execution of projects
- Provide support and direction on manufacturing / scale up for
existing business or technical transfers when needed
- Provide leadership, direction and coaching to direct reports
- Encourage and guide the team to think of new opportunities and
technology that will grow all areas of Accupac business
- Manage laboratories: Hire, train and guide employees.
- Recommend career advancement, improvement, discharge and
- Ensure best practices in all areas across the lab including
providing safe working environment
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements of the Job:
- Strong formulation skills in personal care products spanning
across multiple categories such as haircare, skincare, oral care,
- Strong understanding of the scale up and manufacturing
- Ability to supervise, coach, support, and motivate team members
ultimately being accepted and respected as a leader.
- Ability to manage multiple teams and projects, as well as provide
- Strong communication, collaborative and inter-personal skills
- Ability to advocate, present and promote formulas from R&D
and marketing perspective to customers, clients and others
- Strong presentation and computer skills
- Demonstrates strategic and creative problem solving
- Ability to formulate innovative consumer products as well as
retain the knowledge of industry related regulations
- Passion for the products
- Walking/Standing on concrete floors for up to three (3) hours per
day and long distances.
- Standing for 40-50% of the workday.
- Sitting for 80-90% of the workday.
- Bending/Stooping repeatedly.
- Lift/Carry items up to 40 pounds.
- Pushing/Pulling items up to 75 pounds.
- Hear/Execute clear speech, in person and over the telephone.
- Hear phones ring, alarms sound through ambient noise and everyday
- Possess peripheral vision.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes
Travel : Yes, up to 20%
Education and/or Experience : Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree
in Chemistry, Biology or similar field. 7-10 years of
Keywords: Accupac, Lakewood , R&D Formulation Manager, Executive , Lakewood, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!