Interim H.I.M. Operations Manager
Company: Pena4, Inc.
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Summary of Position:
This is an Operations only role. Major responsibilities
H.I.M. Operations (no coding or CDI oversight)
Oversee Release of Information (ROI)
Critical in helping to prepare two sites for EPIC implementations
(operations side only)
Centralized scanning overnight so oversight of scanning will be
No local HIM Committees - reports need to be submitted to corporate
Requisitioning of Supplies
Work with Coding Management to facilitate their requests
Represent the Regional Director at meetings at the local sites when
Performance Improvement Council
Department Director Meetings
Supervises HIM personnel and directs the functions of
transcription, incomplete chart area, release of information,
permanent file and discharge analysis areas.
Implements, maintains and monitors systems to provide timely and
accurate clinical and administrative data.
Develops section policies and procedures for the HIM
Monitors and implements QA programs for HIM.
Interviews, recommends for hire, training, monitoring and evaluate
Location: Onsite at two locations in southern NJ.
Shift : 8:30-5:00pm or 8:00-4:30pm
Experience: Minimum of 2 -5 years of experience in a supervisory
position in a Health Information Management Department
Education, Certifications: RHIT or RHIA
Experience using 3M and Cerner
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Knowledgeable in computer applications (Microsoft, Excel,
Strong organizational skills
Ability to implement change
Ability to motivate and build a team
1. Participates in the development of departmental goals,
organization and staffing, plans and programs, work methods and
2. Maintains and supervises physician incomplete data for
reporting. Works with medical staff for continuous Regulatory
3. Monitors Vendor relationships for transcription, release of
information, and any other off-site vendors engaged by the Health
Information Management Department
4. Plans the workflow of the discharge processing areas in the HIM
department on a daily / weekly / monthly basis based on the
staffing availability and volumes of the department.
5. Communicates job expectations and provides feedback on job
performance to all staff in discharge processing and analysis
6. Assesses workflow status on a daily basis, and assigns work to
staff. Ensures deadlines are met.
7. Provides input to the Regional Director / Regional Operations
Manager on the overall Site Health Information Management
Department budget / staffing levels
8. Interviews and recommends for hiring prospective personnel as
positions become available.
9. Conducts and/or monitors orientation and training of personnel
according to job responsibilities.
10. Appraises performance of personnel (evaluations) for HIM file
clerks, Release of Information, and Discharge Analysts. Discusses
appraisal with personnel and counsels as to the development of
skills and attitudes for improved performance and personal
11. Implements and monitors measurement tools to objectively
evaluate job performance.
12. Reviews, revises or creates policies and procedures or job
descriptions at a minimum annually and as needed throughout the
13. Serves as a resource for other departments, physicians, and
administration to obtain information or clarification on
documentation standards and regulatory requirements in conjunction
with the Regional Director / Assistant Director
14. Recommends and participates in discipline and/or discharge of
personnel as appropriate.
15. Reviews ADP (Payroll) and controls attendance, timeliness, and
hours of work for all HIM employees on a daily basis.
16. Completes 'Request for Time off' forms and appropriately
responds to request within three working days of receipt.
17. Budgets and controls departmental expenditures to minimize
costs and maximize productivity by effective utilization of
resources provided and limiting such items as overtime,
absenteeism, requests, etc.
18. Responsible for organizing and coordinating specific duties and
audits in a timely manner.
19. Responsible for generating statistical displays, graphs and
reports which reflect the HIM department's activity and
20. Responsible for providing adequate coverage for the HIM
21. Attends all appropriate committee meetings.
22. Participates in training and continuing education programs.
23. Randomly verifies accuracy of all areas supervised by
performing quality assurance monitoring studies.
24. Responsible for maintaining privacy and confidentiality of
medical and financial information.
25. Inspires others to great determinations and unity of purpose by
directing explicitly, assuming responsibility, encouraging, and
recognizing efforts of others and keeping up with new developments
26. Performs related duties as assigned by the Regional Director /
Regional Assistant Director.
27. Read, be with familiar with, participate in periodic
education/training regarding, and comply with, Corporate Compliance
Program, Code of Conduct, and other corporate compliance policies
(as may be amended from time to time).
28. Assist with other requests as needed.
Keywords: Pena4, Inc., Lakewood , Interim H.I.M. Operations Manager, Executive , Lakewood, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!