Company: Church & Dwight
Posted on: February 8, 2019
At Church & Dwight, we value talented professionals with a strong desire to make a positive impact in our company. As a rapidly growing organization, we are always seeking passionate and creative individuals whose action-oriented mindset will foster continued growth throughout our leading brands.
This position will be responsible for managing all plant supply chain functions, including procurement, production forecasting/planning/scheduling, inventory management, material receiving (non-bulk), plant capacity and utilization modeling, and operations warehousing functions.
- Ability to build strong teams; train, guide and communicate to team members. Help them define goals and measure progress toward them. Perform periodic evaluations as requested by the company.
- Responsible at all times for promoting a safety culture and awareness within their area of responsibility. Support all plant safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Utilize best in class practices in the areas of MRP (manufacturing resource planning) while achieving company benchmarks related to raw materials inventory levels and turns, master schedule compliance, on-time deliveries, supplier quality and procurement costs.
- Actively participate in supplier interaction activities, such as quality and delivery issues, supplier visits and audits.
- Department oversight in support of production scheduling, planning requirements for purchasing materials or services, and ensuring delivery of materials to production consistent with established schedules.
- Develop, implement, and lead critical supply management initiatives to enhance the supply base and facilitate cost improvements.
- Plan, direct and coordinate activities of the production planners: line scheduling, purchasing, daily reporting, & BOM maintenance.
- Manage an effective logistics system for inventory management and production scheduling that ensures customer satisfaction while meeting the company's business and regulatory objectives.
- Collaborate with Corporate Procurement to develop and implement sourcing strategies, negotiate contracts, and develop supply agreements for raw materials, equipment, commodities, and services.
- Identify and recommend improvements to supply chain metrics and performance standards using research, supplier relationships, industry knowledge, and best practices.
- Oversee and support the company's ERP and documentation systems as they relate to supply chain operations and procurement.
- Support supplier selection and verification activities via audits, research, references, and other methods as required.
- Provide periodic reports, analyses, and plans related to supply chain issues and raw materials inventory metrics ranging from short-term to long-term consideration.
- Direct supervision of Warehouse Supervisor, Chemical Warehouse Coordinator, and Planning Department, including subsequent direct reports.
- Maintain a competent staff through selection, training, development, motivation and performance management.
- Troubleshoot material availability, manage and monitor materials and supply inventories
- Evaluate products to comply with specification and quality standards and interact with sales, production, and R&D to determine present and future materials requirements.
- Manage spot yard and Humble Warehouse flow of raw materials to assure production lines run on schedule via line supply/return procedures.
- Manage cycle counting program for raw materials and finished goods.
- Analyze, investigate and implement methods to improve efficiency and reduce inventory of raw materials and finished goods.
- Creation and execution of annual goals/objectives and performance feedback sessions.
- Develop and manage annual budget for department.
- Promote fair and consistent adherence to all local and corporate policies and procedures.
- Foster and maintain good employee relations through all the appropriate methods of communications and positive employee relations practices.
- Manage and maintain all plant data, reports, and forms related to capacity and utilization planning and strategies.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills - ability to build positive relationships at all levels of the organization
- Excellent communications skills - ability to communicate clearly and concisely in multiple media - verbal, written, etc.
- Excellent organizational/time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments in a fast-paced work environment.
- Solid critical thinking skills and ability to create new, innovative ways to handle the supply chain function.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office Suite and SAP).
- Ability to analyze data and make appropriate recommendations.
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality at all times and in all situations.
- Ensure compliance with regulations associated with FDA, GMP, OSHA, etc. and maintain good housekeeping practices in all work departments.
- In-depth knowledge of production operations, including equipment, materials, and work flow, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Purchasing, Logistics, Materials Management, Business or related field is preferred.
- 7-10 years previous supply chain, materials management or inventory management experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment preferred. Experience in CPG industry a plus.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/.
Keywords: Church & Dwight, Lakewood , Materials Manager, Executive , Lakewood, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!