CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT
Company: PREFERRED BEHAVIORAL HEALTH OF NEW JERSEY
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job Description If you are looking to make an impact by helping
others, then Preferred Behavioral Health Group is the place for
you! By joining our award-winning team, you will be part of the
premier behavioral health organization in Monmouth and Ocean
counties; a dynamic and innovative non-profit that was proudly
named "Outstanding Employer of the Year" by the New Jersey Business
and Industry Association (NJBIA). We are a Certified Community
Behavioral Health Center, and our mission is to deliver quality and
compassionate behavioral health services to individuals and
families through a Trauma Informed Care philosophy and approach.
Our staff is at the core of everything we do. We are dedicated to
building a diverse team, one where employees feel a sense of
belonging and are valued for their contributions. We encourage and
embrace staff development and growth. If you are ready for an
exciting and rewarding career, please submit youJob Title:
Certified Medical AssistantProgram: CCBHC (Certified Community
Behavioral Health Center)Location: 700 Airport Road, Lakewood NJ
Position Type: Full TimeJob Description/SummaryProvides direct
services to clients and assists and supports other members of the
care team to ensure maximum wellness and recovery in the mental
health field.Other Key ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities
- Works with individuals in the community who have co-morbid
physical health diagnoses to help coordinate care with
primary/specialty providers and behavioral health treatment.
- Understands target populations and specialized needs; Develops
knowledge and skills appropriate to the target population and
necessary completion of responsibilities.
- Draw blood samples and send for laboratory analysis.
- Secures medical records from outside providers by completing
releases of information for all prescribers and providers.
- Provides trauma informed compassionate client support and care,
attention and assistance during office visits.
- Assists prescribers during outpatient services including
psychiatric evaluations and medication management
- Generate and maintain required documentation for all consumers
with PBH's Clozapine System.
- Manage collaboration with outside medical providers, answering
calls and returning messages on behalf of providers.
- Provide screenings including but not limited to Fagerstrom Test
for Nicotine Dependence, GAD 7, PHQ 9.
- Take consumers' vital signs, including blood pressure, pulse,
height, weight and body mass index (BMI), waist circumference and
document in Qualifacts
- Administer medication injections, monitor compliance with
medications, review lab reports, contact pharmacies on behalf of
- Assist in securing medication authorizations by interacting
with insurance carriers.
- Gathers psychiatric and/or physical symptom and treatment
history, documenting concurrently in the electronic health
- Pull laboratory records from multiple platforms for Prescriber
review, and upload into electronic record following review.
- Assist in obtaining pharmaceutical coverage and prior
- Mon - Fri with one evening availability.Required
- Proficiently communicates - written and verbal
- Exhibits critical thinking
- Documents thoroughly and on a timely basis in the electronic
- Maintains credentials and continuing education
- Manage calls from professionalsQualificationsCategory
- High School Diploma,
- Credentialed in NJ as a Certified Medical Assistant,
- Experience in behavioral health field a plus.Comprehensive
Benefits Package:o Medical and Dental Insuranceo 403(b) Retirement
Plano Paid Time Off and Paid Holidayso Disability and Life
Insuranceo Employee Assistance Programo Voluntary Benefits, such as
Vision Insurance, Aflac, Pet Insuranceo Training opportunitieso
Employee Referral Bonus programo Flexible Spending Account and
Health Savings AccountPreferred Behavioral Health Group requires
all qualified candidates to be fully vaccinated upon their first
day of employment. Requests for reasonable accommodation due to
disability or religious belief will be considered.EOE
Keywords: PREFERRED BEHAVIORAL HEALTH OF NEW JERSEY, Lakewood , CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT, Healthcare , Lakewood, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!