Certified Medical Assistant - Physician Practices- Monmouth and Ocean County Hiring Event!
Company: Hackensack Meridian Health
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Description: How have you impacted someone's life today? At
Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the
lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each
and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational
health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care
capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to
apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career,
all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system. -Join the
Hackensack Meridian Health team and come to our HIRING EVENT! -
- DECEMBER 8, 2022 10am-4pm
- Hackensack Meridian Health Village at Jackson -
- 27 S Cooks Bridge Rd -
- Jackson, NJ 08527 - -We are hiring for -Certified Medical
Assistants! Various physician practices such as Primary Care,
OBGYN, Peds, Neurology and Surgical Practices are looking for
talented individuals like you! - This is a chance to be a part of
an amazing team of professionals delivering the highest level of
patient care! -Openings in Asbury, Toms River, Brick, Freehold,
Jackson, Lakewood, Manalapan, Neptune, Manasquan, Wall, and Point
Pleasant, New Jersey! - -The Certified Medical Assistant is
responsible for assisting in providing clinical care to select
patients under the supervision of the professional nurse or
licensed medical practitioner and provides clerical office
assistance. Hours/schedules will vary depending on each practice. -
- - -
Responsibilties: A day in the life of a Certified Medical Assistant
at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Prepares exam room, treatment room, supplies and instruments.
- Prepares patients for physician visit and examination assisting
- Takes patient's vital signs and records in medical chart.
- Understands proper function and care of special equipment.
- Performs EKG, PFT, Audiometry, Titmus Test as indicated after a
performance evaluation checklist completion. Also performs UDS,
BAT, Phlebotomy, and other lab testing as indicated after
performance evaluation checklist completion.
- Maintains records by completing patient records as directed;
file record and reports.
- Assists with collections/billing procedures as needed.
- Uses computer software to maintain office systems.
- Identifies and responds to issues of confidentiality. -
- Identifies the needs of the patient population served and
modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e.,
age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.).
This process includes communicating with the patient, parent,
and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age,
educational, literacy, etc.).
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of
- Lifts a minimum of 5 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 5 lbs.
and stands a minimum of 1 hour a day.
Qualifications: Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High School diploma or equivalent such as a GED
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively and in a supportive manner with
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of computerized processes and data entry
- Must be able to travel to various locationsEducation,
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- -Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program.Licenses
and Certifications Required:
- Nationally Certified Medical Assistant
- BLS through American Heart AssociationIf you feel that the
above description speaks directly to your strengths and
capabilities, then please apply today!
Keywords: Hackensack Meridian Health, Lakewood , Certified Medical Assistant - Physician Practices- Monmouth and Ocean County Hiring Event!, Healthcare , Lakewood, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!