Operating Room Registered Nurse FT Shore Outpatient Surgicenter
Company: United Surgical Partners International
Posted on: January 27, 2023
USPI Shore Outpatient Surgery Center, is seeking a motivated
Full-Time Operating Room Registered Nurse to join our team. Shore
Outpatient Surgery Center is a fast paced ASC environment committed
to producing the highest quality work and experience for patients
and their families.
Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates care for all age patients
in operating room. Provides care within nursing standards of
practice and the policies of the Center. Makes decisions regarding
direct patient care needs and communicates appropriate information
to physicians, patients, family members, and personnel in other
departments as well as team members. May have additional
responsibilities as designated by the Nurse Manager of the
Operating Room and/or Director of Nursing, which include, but are
not limited to, serving on committees, participating in quality
improvement audits and projects.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess patients at intervals as stated in policies and
- Develop an individualized perioperative plan of care.
- Implement the plan of care using the following
- Properly identifies patient and confirms procedure according to
- Confirms proper site marking has been performed by surgeon in
the pre-op area.
- Performs time outs according to Surgicenter policy.
- Protect patient from injury caused by chemical, electrical,
laser, positioning, thermal sources, and extraneous objects.
- Perform count procedures to protect patient from unintended
retained foreign objects.
- Perform interventions necessary to ensure patient's procedure
is performed on the correct site, side, and level.
- Manage patient's specimen(s) in the appropriate manner.
- Communicate patient's current status throughout the continuum
- Administer medication(s) appropriately.
- Perform interventions to maintain patient's wound and tissue
perfusion at or above baseline levels.
- Perform interventions to maintain the status of the patient's
genitourinary, gastrointestinal, musculoskeletal, endocrine,
respiratory, cardiovascular, and neurological systems, and fluid,
electrolyte, and acid-base balances at or above baseline
- Perform interventions to ensure the patient is at or returned
to normothermia at the conclusion of the immediate postoperative
- Perform interventions to protect patient from infection.
- Assess knowledge level of patient or designated support person
and provide education regarding the expected psychosocial response,
nutritional management, medication management, pain management,
wound management, and expected responses to the operative or
- Actively involve patient or designated support person in
decisions affecting his or her perioperative plan of care and the
- Protect patient's rights, dignity, and privacy.
- Provide culturally competent, age-appropriate, ethical care
within legal standards of practice.
- Provide consistent and comparable care regardless of the
- Evaluate the patient's progress toward attaining outcomes.
- Transfer care as appropriate.
- Delegate tasks as appropriate according to the state Nurse
Practice Act and job descriptions.
- Document nursing care.
- Collaborate effectively with other disciplines as
- Participate in quality review and performance improvement
- Participate in the performance appraisal process.
- Use problem-solving and conflict resolution skills to foster
effective work relationships with team members.
- Maintain required competencies.
- Attend required meetings and educational sessions.
- Act as a patient advocate and maintain privacy of all
What We Offer
- Competitive wages
- Opportunities to better yourself professionally
- Health, Dental & Vision Coverage
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Company Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Health Savings Account/ Flexible Spending Account
- Education Assistance
- Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Travel Assistance when 100+ miles from home for business or
- Free parking
Who We Are
At USPI, we create relationships that create better care. We
partner with physicians and health care systems to provide first
class ambulatory solutions throughout the United States. We are
committed to providing surgical services in the most efficient and
clinically excellent manner.
USPI is committed to, and proud of our inclusive culture. An
inclusive culture, in our view, is respectful of differences and
nurtures and supports the contributions of each individual, while
also embracing and leveraging diversity. A diverse workforce,
combined with an inclusive culture, makes USPI stronger and better
able to meet the needs of our diverse patient and physician
For more information about USPI, check out our website , Facebook ,
Twitter , or LinkedIn .
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing.
- Currently licensed in the state.
- CPR required, Advanced Life Support Certification
- One year experience required intra-operative setting.
- Demonstrates clinical competency, leadership, and teaching
- Physically and emotionally capable of performing
responsibilities of position.
USPI complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding
mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this
position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will
be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval
of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If
you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will
be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an
applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status
or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless
doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below
for additional information.
Keywords: United Surgical Partners International, Lakewood , Operating Room Registered Nurse FT Shore Outpatient Surgicenter, Healthcare , Lakewood, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!