Company: Hackensack Meridian Health
Posted on: June 14, 2019
How have you impacted someone's life today* At Hackensack Meridian
Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients
by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our
hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our
long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete
spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in
multiple settings while building your career, all within New
Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Please note: This Radiology Technologist position is based out of
Lakewood, but will float to other facilities regularly. Hours are
7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m or could be 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. if floating
to one of our facilities with later hours.
A day in the life of a Radiology Tech at Hackensack Meridian Health
* The primary role of the Radiologic Technologist is to use proper
exposure values to obtain quality images
* Uses proper ID to include patient demographics.
* Verifies name and properly identifies patient prior to procedure
* Uses 2 ID's to ensure compliance with national patient safety
* Technologist properly mark all images, collimate, use lead
shields, wear film badge and follow rules of ALARA.* - Technologist
reads, understands, and accurately implements physician/provider
prescriptions and orders.
* Prepares patient for examination and treatment; takes brief
patient history that includes chief complaint, vital signs
including manual blood pressure and weight; assists physician with
procedures; provides patient instructions per physician's order;
conducts authorized in-office tests such as collection of
specimens, draw blood, do urine testing, vision and hearing
testing, and perform breath alcohol testing
* Appropriately uses equipment.
* Practices appropriate care \\"utilization of equipment\\",
contacts service vendors as needed and reports all needed repairs
* Ensures the patient image and paperwork are properly
* Prepares room, equipment, and materials needed for examinations,
positioning aids for patient comfort and security, and protective
shields and apparel.
* Assists the physician with coordinating patient care in the
office, hospital, to referring physicians, and ancillary
* Pro-actively reviews chart (either paper or EMR) in advance of
* Completes all authorized patient chart documentation in an
accurate, legible, and timely manner.
* Pro-actively initiates phone calls to ensure patients are
provided with all necessary information.
* Informs patients of test results according to guidelines of the
practice and care/follow up instructions.
* Responsible for the preparation of examination rooms.
* Accurately and promptly sets up examination rooms, materials, and
* Pro-actively monitors required stock lever per practice protocol,
and anticipates unique supply needs
* Graduate of an accredited radiology program
* Minimum 1 year experience in Radiography field preferred
* New Jersey State X Ray Licensure
* BLS/CPR Certified
* Ability to perform testing and age related competencies for all
* Strong computer skills
* Must have own transportation
Meridian Health is committed to the principles of equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action and will not discriminate in the
recruitment or employment practices on the basis of race, color,
creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, age,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression,
disability, veteran status and any other category protected by
federal or state law.
Keywords: Hackensack Meridian Health, Lakewood , Radiology Technologist, Healthcare , Lakewood, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!