LPN (Per Diem) - Corporate Care - Long Branch/Toms River/Lakewood
Company: Barnabas Health
Posted on: November 22, 2019
LPN (Per Diem) - Corporate Care - Long Branch/Toms
Req #: 0000047370
Status: Per Diem
Corporate Care at MSC, 600 RIVER AVE, LAKEWOOD, NJ 07470
The LPN assists the Physician, Registered Nurse (RN), Nurse
Practitioner (NP) and Physicians Assistants (PA) in various aspects
of medical treatment and testing. LPN maintains exam rooms and
equipment. Assures an orderly flow of patients to be seen by the
Physician, NP, and PA. Functions include being part of the patient
care team in efforts to achieve goals established for both the
individual patient and the clinical service. Is responsible for
reporting identified safety issues such as hazardous environments
(i.e. damaged floors/walls/ceiling tiles/unsecured areas) and
- Administers immunizations, and injections as directed by
- Assists in lab procedures under the supervision of physician
and based on training received. Performs laboratory and diagnostic
procedures, i.e. venipunctures, urinalysis, glucose and hemoglobin
assessments and preparation of lab specimens and forwards to
appropriate lab for processing.
- Assists patients any time need is apparent or as directed by
the nurse or physician.
- Assists the physician with patients including preparing
patients and the examination rooms, taking initial medical history
for the chart, taking vital signs, making lab and x-ray
appointments, and explaining the preparations to the patients and
- Assists with any procedures listed on Orientation Skills Check
List that have been taught through formal training or by registered
nurse or physician, i.e. ECG, RBS, urine dip stick, peak flow.
- Assists with the preparation of equipment and aids physician
during treatment, examination, and testing of patients in
accordance with nursing standards.
- Follow-up on patient s calls as directed by physician.
- Gives instructions to patients as instructed by physician,
nurse practitioner and physician s assistants regarding medications
and treatment instructions.
- Greets patients and escorts patient from reception room to the
examination room. Prepares them for physician examination.
- Keeps Medical Records in accordance with procedures and
- Maintains and keeps examination rooms and treatment areas
clean, including re-stocking of necessary medical supplies and
instruments, washes and dries instruments used, and prepares
sterilization as required.
- Observes records and reports patient s condition and reaction
to drugs and treatments to physicians.
- Orders, prepares and inspects patient s chart/records. Posts
tests and examination results.
- Periodically checks expiration dates on in-house medications
- Provides general nursing care to patients.
- Removes lab reports from printer and attaches to charts for
- Reports any Patient complaints and billing concerns to Practice
- Reports any equipment problems to Practice Manager
- Screens patients for appropriate information.
- Shares responsibility of the daily office trash removal and
general cleanliness.Job Requirements:
- Licensed Practical Nurse Certification.
- Valid NJ state license to practice practical nursing.
- BLS Required.
- High School Diploma.
- Bilingual a plus.Other Duties:
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Barnabas Health is New Jersey---s largest integrated health care
delivery system, providing treatment and services to more than two
million patients each year. Throughout Barnabas Health, our
dedicated physicians, nurses, and health professionals are
committed to providing the highest quality of patient care and
health education to the community and region.Barnabas Health offers
a broad depth and breadth of services and is one of the leading
health care systems in the nation, receiving widespread recognition
for clinical excellence and patient safety. Barnabas Health---s
network includes seven acute care hospitals, two children---s
hospitals, a behavioral health center, including a statewide
behavioral health network, ambulatory care facilities, geriatric
centers, specialized women---s health services, and comprehensive
home care and hospice services. Our 5,200 doctors and 21,000
employees deliver top quality care to 1.5 million outpatients,
220,000 inpatients, and 540,000 Emergency Department patients, and
deliver 20,000 babies each year.We want our patients and their
families to know that they can expect the highest level of care,
delivered cost-effectively, wherever they see the name Barnabas
Health. Each Barnabas employee contributes to a culture of
responsibility, improvement, and quality at every one of our
facilities, every day.
Keywords: Barnabas Health, Lakewood , LPN (Per Diem) - Corporate Care - Long Branch/Toms River/Lakewood, Healthcare , Lakewood, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!