Company: Church & Dwight
Posted on: May 10, 2022
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real
We're a company that genuinely cares about our people, our
products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and
collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means
each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We
have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is
possible. While we might not be the largest company in our
industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because:
Together We Have the Power to Win.
Position Summary : This position will provide human resources
support and leadership for all initiatives at the plant in a lean
manufacturing environment, including staffing, employee relations,
adherence to plant policies, training and development, and
Essential Functions :
- Responsible at all times for promoting a safe culture and
awareness within their area of responsibility.
- Support all plant safety policies and procedures at all
- Act as an employee advocate and ensure compliance to the
company's human resources policies and appropriate government law
and regulations including but not limited to EEO, AAP, OFCCP, FMLA,
- Manage the post offer/new hire process, and assist with the HR
portion of new hire orientation.
- Act as an employee advocate, engage in employee relations
activities and offer recommendations
- Foster and maintain good employee relations though the
appropriate methods of communication and positive employee
- Conduct open enrollment sessions and act as the point of
contact for benefits and payroll.
- Develop and implement training on HR topics on a regular
- Process non-exempt payroll hours on a bi-monthly basis in
- Communicate with managers on related issues to ensure accurate
- Direct information of a critical/sensitive nature to the HR
Manager in a timely and appropriate manner so as to not jeopardize
confidential information or timeliness of response.
- Conduct investigations and recommend and review supervisory
recommendations for corrective actions, performance improvement and
terminations when necessary.
- Process employee separations and conduct exit interviews.
- Assist other departments with Human Resources assistance, while
maintaining a good working relationship.
- Liaison for vendors and state agencies
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
- Administer and communicate all on-boarding reviews of new hires
with necessary parties.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities :
- Familiarity of employment law and regulatory requirements on
federal, state, and local level.
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality in all
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational/time management skills, with astute
attention to detail, able to prioritize work assignments in a
fast-paced work environment.
- Solid critical thinking skills and ability to create new,
innovative ways to handle the HR functions.
- Ability to effectively and professionally interact with
employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to consistently provide and sustain a high level of
- Ability to operate most office equipment.
- Proficient working knowledge of MS Office, Workday HRIS and
payroll software experience preferred.
Education and Experience :
- Associate's degree required, Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum two years of progressive HR experience required,
preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- PHR/SPHR certification as plus.
- 3-5 years HR generalist experience in a fast-paced
manufacturing or distribution environment preferred
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture
visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
Keywords: Church & Dwight, Lakewood , HR Generalist, Human Resources , Lakewood, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!