Company: Firstservice Residential
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The administrative assistant will be responsible for assisting
management and the administration of the day to day operations of
community association business. Handle customer service functions.
Maintain communication with Board of Trustees and homeowners.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The job duties listed are typical examples of the work performed
by positions in this job classification. Not all duties assigned to
every position are included, nor is it expected that all positions
will be assigned every duty.
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Assure that the policies, resolutions and other acts of the
Board are carried out
- Be knowledgeable of all Association Governing Documents, Rules
and Regulations and general legal requirements of a community
- Provide excellent customer service and maintain open lines of
communication with fellow associates, homeowners and Board of
- Have general knowledge and understanding of building systems
- Log work requests in Connect and generate work orders for
maintenance staff and/or contractors
- Update work order log with notes and action taken by
- Close open work orders in system when complete by vendor. Work
order is not considered complete unless the vendor has signed
original work order and returned to office.
- Update and maintain community information in Connect, including
but not limited to the Community Web Site, Community Projects,
Management Reports and all Association documents and forms
- Utilize Connect's Resident Alert feature in order to keep
homeowners apprised of Association activities and important
updates, subject to Board authorization
- Provide Manager with work order log for inclusion in Board
- Such other duties and responsibilities as may reasonably be
directed and required
- Record, date and time stamp incoming invoices daily.
- Mail original invoices and 1 copy of package to Client
- One copy of invoice package into voucher book.
- Verify checks when returned from Client Accounting. Ensure that
all invoicing backup is attached to check and duplicate payments
are not received.
- Greet all homeowners and visitors coming to the Association
- Answer all calls and log both incoming and outgoing calls in
- Assist all walk-in customers and defer to Manager, when
- Maintain office supplies - prepare order to submit to Community
Manager for review and approval.
- Maintain Association filing - homeowner filing, correspondence,
work orders, accounting documentation etc.
- Distribution of Board communication, as directed by Manager
daily. All Board members are to receive any materials directed to a
specific committee or Board member. The President is to be
consulted if there is any question related to distribution.
- Mailings, as directed by Manager.
- Record, date and time stamp incoming mail.
- Record Keeping - binders to be kept with the following: Monthly
- Requests, Work Orders, Financials (including Social/Trip
- Assist with preparation of Board meeting agenda, monthly
management report and all other reports and material needed for
Board Packet and/or newsletters; distribute as needed/directed
- Prepare closing documents as required. Update Connect to
reflect new owners.
- Update homeowner directory and create new homeowner file.
- Copy of all documents to be kept in homeowner file.
- Log all homeowner inquiries in Connect Call Log.
- Set up homeowners with Connect access.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Practice and adhere to FirstService Residential Global Service
- Conduct business at all times with the highest standards of
personal, professional and ethical conduct.
- Perform or assist with any operations as required to maintain
workflow and to meet schedules.
- Notify supervision of unusual equipment or operating problems
and the need for additional material and supplies.
- May participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to
integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve
problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to
new developments, requirements, policies, and regulatory
- Ensure all safety precautions are followed while performing the
- Follow all policies and Standard Operating Procedures as
instructed by Management.
- Perform any range of special projects, tasks and other related
duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
Minimum of 3 years business experience in an administrative
capacity or related experience
Knowledge, Skills & Proficiencies
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent word processing, mathematic, and computer skills
Tools & Equipment Used
Computer and peripherals, standard and customized software
applications and tools, and usual office equipment.
Physical Requirements / Working Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Position involves sitting, standing, stooping, kneeling,
pushing, shoving, lifting, carrying and moving objects that can
weigh up to 25 lbs. This movement can occur throughout the day.
Must also be able to climb several flights of stairs if
- Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of
- Must be able to communicate both on the phone and in person
with our clients in order to resolve issues and manage the
- Must have finger dexterity for typing/using a keyboard.
- Must be mobile enough to move around both the office in order
to make copies, send mail and faxes and to walk around the
property. This could include lengthy walks on uneven areas.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of
communicating with guests, supervisors, and other associates.
- Capable of working extended hours, to include evenings,
weekends and holidays as necessary.
- This position may alternate between working indoors in a
controlled climate and with proper lighting, to an outdoors setting
with variable climate and lighting.
- Must be able to interact with all types of individuals, be
mentally alert, detail oriented, and with good reasoning
- Must be able to work on more than one assignment at a time with
frequent interruptions, changes and delays. Must be able to remain
focused and work effectively, efficiently, and cheerfully under
such circumstances. For safety reasons, employee must remain alert
to working conditions and aware of safety, health, and
- Must be able to work effectively and cheerfully in an
environment which may be stressful due to adversarial situations
resulting from the proper performance of duties.
The work environment characteristics are normal office
conditions for the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. Hours over and above normal office hours will occur,
including evenings, holidays, and some weekends. Schedule is
subject to change based on business needs.
Keywords: Firstservice Residential, Lakewood , Administrative Assistant, Other , Lakewood, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!