Content Editor, Remote
Posted on: May 3, 2021
At Achieve3000, we accelerate the literacy growth of every
student through differentiated content and instruction both inside
and outside the classroom. With over 20 years of success, we
continue to inspire and lead the transformation of literacy
Position: Content Editor
Location: Remote - Full Time
Job Purpose Summary
The Content Editor is responsible for the quality, consistency,
and integrity of editorial content, as well as the final
determination of suitability for publication. In collaboration with
our leadership team, content writers, and other editors, the
Content Editor will ensure that our varied content meets our high
standards of editorial excellence for learners in every grade, at
every reading level. There will be no managerial responsibilities
attached to this role. We're looking for a versatile, substantive
editor whose style gets K-12 students excited to read more.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The Content Editor is responsible for:
- Razor-sharp editing of high-interest feature articles and
accompanying test items for grades K-12.
- Editing content for organization, consistency, accuracy, and
flow of the text, helping to improve clarity and readability.
- Providing feedback to writers during the editing process,
suggesting ways to strengthen the narrative, when needed.
- Exhibiting exceptional attention to detail with an ability to
troubleshoot and multitask.
- Ensuring that all content meets our high standards of editorial
and instructional excellence, with focus on quality, engagement,
and classroom sensitivity.
- Effectively organizing and completing assignments that meet our
rigorous production deadlines and align with our curricular
- Identifying trends and developing original story ideas relevant
- Effectively collaborating with editorial leadership, writers,
and other team members to initiate ideas and solutions, anticipate
and resolve problems, and ensure excellent results.
Required Experience and Knowledge
- BA/MA in English, journalism, education, or related field
- 2+ years as an editor of materials for grades K-12, experience
in educational publishing or educational technology
- Experience with differentiated text and Lexile levels
- Understanding of appropriate voice, vocabulary, and
compositional structure for students across grade and reading
- Self-motivated and highly organized, with exceptional
follow-through, initiative, and commitment to excellence
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Familiarity with Associated Press and Chicago Manual of
- Desire to be part of a team that's changing the future of
education and making a difference in the lives of students
The following are important pluses:
- Classroom/education experience
- Native-level fluency in written and spoken Spanish
- Experience editing English-to-Spanish translation
Keywords: Achieve3000, Lakewood , Content Editor, Remote, Other , Lakewood, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!