Senior Budget Analyst
Company: Georgian Court University
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Senior Budget Analyst will provide analytical support
related to the development of the University's multi-year financial
plan, operating and capital budgets and assessments of financial
operations. This position requires specific capabilities and
experience in working with enterprise financial reporting systems.
Of equal importance is the ability to support University-wide
analysis efforts such as a cost allocation Financial Review Model
and planned budgeting, reporting and position control enhancements
using Business Intelligence financial reporting tools.
Essential Functions: List the primary on-going responsibilities
that are necessary to accomplish the purpose of the job.
- Provide financial forecasting, budget planning, expense
management, variance analysis, and data analytics to support the
academic and business objectives of the University.
- Provide necessary support for development and monitoring of
departmental operating and capital budgets, proforma statements and
- Maintain budget information within the University's budget
system, BudgetPak, and reconcile with, import to, and export from
the University's Great Plains accounting system.
- Produce necessary reports for analysis.
- Maintain strong working relationships with Finance/Controller's
Office, Information Technology, and external vendors.
- Manage production and reporting related to the Financial Review
- Perform various financial analyses (historical and pro-forma)
based on issues as they arise.
- Support development of new analytic tools such as periodic
reporting on budget variances for senior management and
departmental managers, other business intelligence (BI)
initiatives, and development of necessary ad hoc queries and
reports to support special financial analysis needs.
- Support collective efforts of the Finance and Administration
team in the preparation of numerous reports, presentations and
special analyses prepared by the group for the use of senior
managers and the Board of Trustees.
- Participate in new system development and implementation as
- Ability to work remotely.
Qualifications: Describe experience, education, skills and
certifications/licenses and related course work typically required
or expected to perform essential job functions.
- Possess strong analytical skills using spreadsheets, data base
management and advanced data analysis tools; ability to conduct and
interpret statistical analysis.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, perform
complex tasks and problem solve from multiple perspectives to find
optimal solutions and to understand the impact on other areas.
- Possess excellent communication skills, both oral and written,
to allow for extensive follow-up with various constituencies both
within and outside of the University.
- Skilled in dealing with different levels of employees and
- Experienced in developing queries and maintaining supporting
- Ability to develop financial reports, presentations and
analysis that clearly communicate ideas.
- Work cooperatively in support of efforts across a wide range of
- Gather information from multiple sources to compile that
information in an organized manner and to develop reports,
presentations, and memoranda for use by senior managers for the
- Be a self-starter who can follow through on projects with
minimal direction, while ensuring that Associate VP and/or the VP
of Finance and Administration are fully informed of essential
information and developments,
- Respond to the financial management needs of departmental
managers by providing advice, direction and direct support when
- Possess the capacity to assess current operating processes and
procedures looking for improvements and efficiencies.
- Participate on teams and complete tasks/projects that require
cooperation and assistance from other departments.
Education/Training and Experience Required
- Requires bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related
field. Preferred: MBA/CPA
- 7 - 10 years of experience in budgeting, forecasting and data
analytics. Preferred: Experience within Higher Education.
- Must be well versed with all Microsoft Office products with
advanced spreadsheet database and presentation development
capabilities, especially proficient in advanced Excel skills.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours:
- Walking, sitting, lifting reports, ability to use computer for
extended periods of time
- Overtime and weekend work required to meet deadlines for
special projects and work peak periods.
Must be US work authorized
Keywords: Georgian Court University, Lakewood , Senior Budget Analyst, Other , Lakewood, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!