Assistant Professor - Reading Specialist
Company: Georgian Court University
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The School of Education is seeking a highly motivated, energetic
and skilled individual who is a Reading Specialist and has
expertise and experience in teaching early, elementary, middle
and/or H.S literacy/reading and writing theory for this
tenure-track Assistant Professor position. Applicants should have
knowledge of current and innovative practices related to reading
and writing including preparation of educators who can create
cultures of literacy through understanding and honoring diverse
literacy repertoires. The individual must have experience in
successfully teaching at the undergraduate and graduate level using
various teaching modalities (hybrid and on line). Scholarly
activities and research that support the candidate's knowledge base
in order to be a more informed professor and student advisor is
desirable. Opportunity exists to lead faculty or student groups in
This is a full-time, tenure track position in the School of
Education beginning August 23, 2021
- Teach 12 credits per fall and spring semesters of undergraduate
and/or graduate level courses with Reading Specialist and K-12
literacy as the focus.
- Teach at Lakewood campus and multiple site locations.
- Ability to teach in different formats using multiple teaching
tools (face-to-face and virtual synchronous, hybrid, and online
- Assess teaching effectiveness and report the outcomes of
courses taught regularly and make improvements as needed.
- Actively lead, participate and collaborate with faculty
colleagues in departmental functions including program/curricular
development, assessment, and accreditation.
- Actively support students through advisement, mentoring, and
- Pursue scholarly research agenda.
- Actively contribute to university, School of Education, and
program functions and services including recruitment events (e.g.
Open House, Information Session), committees, and P-12 school
district partner collaboration.
- Integrate the Mercy Core Values of respect, compassion,
integrity, justice and service in all aspects of teaching and
interactions with faculty, students, and administration.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned.
- Earned doctorate in Literacy and related fields required.
- Reading Specialist Certification
- Elementary or Subject Specific New Jersey Teacher Certification
and teaching experience required; teaching Literacy/ELA subjects in
- Experience with CAEP Accreditation and Program Assessment
- Evidence of a developing commitment to and record of research
- Demonstrated successful teaching experience at the
- Proficiency in virtual, hybrid and online delivery formats
- Ability to teach in non-traditional formats and settings
(off-campus, weekends, and accelerated).
- Ability to effectively use instructional technology (Internet,
instructional software, Learning Management System, and
- Collaborative, collegial disposition.
Must be US work authorized
Keywords: Georgian Court University, Lakewood , Assistant Professor - Reading Specialist, Other , Lakewood, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!