Visiting Professor - Painting & Drawing
Company: Georgian Court University
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Georgian Court University seeks applicants for a one-year full
time faculty position, in Painting & Drawing with experience in
Studio Art Foundations. The ability to teach figure drawing and
online if necessary is preferred. The faculty member will teach
courses in Painting, Drawing and other foundation courses as needed
and will be responsible for advising art majors. The candidate for
this position will demonstrate evidence of excellence in teaching
in Painting, Drawing and foundations and show evidence of an active
contemporary studio art practice with an exhibition record.
This is a full-time Faculty position in Studio Art beginning in
fall 2021. This is a one year non-renewable position pending budget
- Integrate the Mercy core values of respect, compassion,
integrity, justice and service in all aspects of interaction.
- Teach 12 credits per academic year in Studio Art or the
equivalent during the fall and spring semesters.
- Teach at the Lakewood campus, must be able to teach
- Collaborate with colleagues in on-going evening teaching
- Teach in lecture, online, or hybrid modalities, if needed.
- Be willing to teach in The Bridge General education program in
department or university-wide offerings.
- Collaborate with colleagues regarding course materials
(developing or using common syllabi/course outlines).
- Scholarly activities, such as exhibitions, publications and/or
other scholarly creative activity.
- Advise and Mentor students.
- Participate in departmental functions such as lectures, Open
- Engage in some departmental service.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- M.F.A. from an accredited university in Studio Art meeting the
needs of the position.
- A strong candidate will have a focus/experience in Painting &
Drawing, and be willing and able to engage with colleagues
representing diverse disciplines.
- Demonstrated successful teaching experience at the college
level, 3-5 years teaching foundations preferred.
- Ability or willingness to learn to use instructional
technologies effectively is essential;
- Experience assessing learning outcomes in courses and
Must be US work authorized
Keywords: Georgian Court University, Lakewood , Visiting Professor - Painting & Drawing, Other , Lakewood, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!