Assistant Professor of Nursing
Company: Georgian Court University
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Department of Nursing seeks an Assistant/Associate Professor
of Nursing to support an expanding nursing major. The candidate
should enjoy teaching above all other aspects of academia and must
bring creative pedagogy to the classroom. He or she will
develop/revise curriculum and coordinate clinical laboratory
experiences in Adult Health and other courses as needed.
This is a full time tenure-track position in the Georgian
Court-Hackensack Meridian Health School of Nursing beginning Fall
- Integrate the Mercy core values of respect, integrity,
compassion, justice and service in all aspects of interaction.
- Teach Adult Health and other courses in the curriculum as
needed in a BSN program using active learning strategies.
Experience in specialty areas such as Behavioral Health, Maternal
Child, Pediatrics and/or Community Health is desirable
- Develop, implement and assess the clinical laboratory
- Integrate QSEN, inter-professional and other emerging
competencies into teaching and learning
- Advise/mentor students;
- Participate in departmental, university school service;
- Collaborate in program development, student recruitment,
student remediation, and continuous program assessment and
- Regularly participate in course assessment and program
assessment and be willing to make improvements in
- Teach at the Lakewood campus, off site locations, in the
evening and weekends
- Teach in the ABSN program including summer offerings as
- Collaborate with colleagues in on-going off site teaching
- Coordinate on campus and off site clinical learning laboratory
- Investigate new technology to enhance the learning environment
- Communicate with clinical instructors on the required skills
and competencies required of students in a changing health care
- Participate in departmental functions such as lectures, Open
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree in Nursing required/ Doctoral Degree strongly
- Licensed or eligible for licensure as a RN in New Jersey.
- Knowledge and experience in teaching Adult Health
- Prior experience in nursing in the acute care setting
- Prior experience in other nursing specialties desirable
- Demonstrated evidence of teaching excellence.
Ability or willingness to learn to use instructional
technologies effectively is essential; Familiarity with distance
learning is desirable.
- Commitment to active, learner centered teaching.
Experience assessing learning outcomes in courses and
- Knowledge of nursing curricular design/assessment and BON
and/or CCNE accreditation.
- Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with students
- Strong clinical nursing skillset and recent clinical experience
Must be US work authorized
Keywords: Georgian Court University, Lakewood , Assistant Professor of Nursing, Other , Lakewood, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!