Physical Therapist Assistant - Community Based Therapy - Eatontown, NJ
Company: PowerBack Rehabilitation
Posted on: August 7, 2022
FULL TIME POSITIONPOSITION SUMMARY: The Physical Therapist
Assistant will primarily provide outpatient rehabilitation services
in an in-home setting for the older adult population. The in-home
setting could be a patient's private residence or in a patient's
room in a SNF/NF, in an assisted living facility, or in an
independent living facility. Vitality to You allows the Physical
Therapy Assistant to evaluate and treat in the most functional
environment which is the patient's home. The Physical Therapist
Assistant provides physical therapy treatments to patients to
facilitate increased independence and functioning under the
supervision of a Licensed Physical
1. Attends and contributes to patient care, staffing conferences
and other required meetings as a representative of physical
therapy, under the direction of the physical therapist.
2. Responsible for adherence to department and patient treatment
schedule, timely clinical and billing documentation requirements as
well as work related meetings.
3. Works with other members of the rehabilitation team to implement
programs and activities consistent with the needs and capabilities
of each patient.
4. Acts as an assistant to the Physical Therapist when the Physical
Therapist is performing tests, evaluations, and complex
5. Instructs patients, families and other caregivers in the skills
and techniques of the physical therapy treatment program under the
supervision of the Physical Therapist.
6. Maintains appropriate and timely documentation for all patients
7. Cleans, maintains, identifies, and reports the need for repair
of equipment, as necessary.
8. Puts Patient Service First: Ensures that patients and families
receive the highest quality of service in a caring and
compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals' needs
9. Implements patient's individualized treatment plan as
established by the primary Physical Therapist.
10. Provides individualized physical therapy treatments including
but not limited to:
* Therapeutic exercise including aerobic capacity conditioning,
balance coordination, agility training, body mechanics and postural
stabilization, flexibility exercises, gait and locomotion training,
neuromotor development training, relaxation, strength, power, and
* Functional training
* Manual therapy
* Airway clearance techniques
* Integumentary repair and protection
* Use of electrotherapeutic, physical agent and mechanical
* Health and Wellness
* Falls Risk Interventions
* Chronic Disease Management Education
11. Organizes and facilitates treatment groups in collaboration
with the physical therapist.
12. Upholds the GRS Promises:
I will always act with integrity and honesty, and expect others to
do the same. I will ensure my actions comply with the standards set
forth by our Policies and Procedures Manuals and the Employee
I will treat others in the way I would like to be treated. I will
appreciate and respect others' beliefs, and I will cherish our
I will take responsibility for myself in my actions and my quality
of work. I will hold others to those same standards.
be actively engaged
I will make a conscious effort to be an active part of our
community. I will check email and RehabCentral regularly to keep
up-to-date on important information. I will be aware of the
numerous resources available to me as an employee.
take pride in my work - my company
I will be proud of the work I've done each and every day. I will
always represent my company in a positive, professional manner both
inside and outside of work.
I understand that change is a necessary part of life. I will
approach change with a positive attitude and will work with my team
members to overcome any obstacles associated with change.
I will communicate in an appropriate, professional and timely
manner. I will strive to be an active listener by making an effort
to hear not just the words another person is saying but, more
importantly, understand the total message being conveyed.
strive for excellence
I will continuously work to grow and develop myself as an employee.
I will ask for assistance if I need it, and I will be open to
receiving feedback from my manager.
I will contribute to a positive work environment where my team
members and I enjoy coming to work and celebrating each other's
successes.13. Performs other related duties as
required.PTAVPandoLogic. Keywords: Physical Therapist Assistant
(PTA), Location: Lakewood, NJ - 08701Required
Keywords: PowerBack Rehabilitation, Lakewood , Physical Therapist Assistant - Community Based Therapy - Eatontown, NJ, Other , Lakewood, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!