Mobility Asst Veh Op-O2 Cert (Full Time)
Company: Hackensack Meridian Health
Posted on: November 21, 2022
Description: How have you impacted someone's life today? At
Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on
changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level
of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and
occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home
care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you
to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your
career all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system. Transport
patients in wheelchairs between medical facilities, from their
residence, either private or licensed healthcare facility, in a
professional and caring manner. Administers Oxygen to patients as
per the ASHI Oxygen administration training for NJ Mobility
Assistance Vehicle Operators (MAVO). Responsibilties: A Day in the
Life of a Mobility Assistance Vehicle Operator at Hackensack
Meridian Health includes:
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in driving a Mobility
- Perform all maneuvers / procedures as defined in accordance
with Mobility Assistance Vehicle Operator (MAVO) certification and
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) policies.
- Maintain vehicle at the beginning and end of shift with
required items for transports utilizing a Vehicle Check List.
- Communicates timely with the Communications Center on status of
- Safely administers / regulates oxygen up to 6 liters via nasal
cannula in a non-emergency setting as prescribed by a healthcare
- Ensures adequate oxygen supply as per company protocol at start
and end of shift.
- Ensure that appropriate patient medical documents accompany all
- Thoroughly complete all trip sheets and turn in at the end of
- Decontaminate vehicle interior following transport of
- Must be capable of communicating via written and verbal means
in the English language.
- Must operate motor vehicles in a lawful and safe manner, always
exercising due regard, while maintaining a motor vehicle driving
record in accordance with HMH policy.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of
- Lifts a minimum of 100 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 100
lbs. and stands a minimum of 4 hours a day. Qualifications:
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Licenses and Certifications
- Valid Driver's License from a USA state. Licenses and
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certification.
- Mobility Assistance Vehicle Operator (MAVO). If you feel that
the above description speaks directly to your strengths and
capabilities, then please apply today!
Keywords: Hackensack Meridian Health, Lakewood , Mobility Asst Veh Op-O2 Cert (Full Time), Other , Lakewood, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!