Library Assistant - Part Time
Company: Georgian Court University
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Job DescriptionThis is a part-time, 20 hour per week position
supporting the Sister Mary Joseph Cunningham Library during the
Fall and Spring semesters. This is the primary position responsible
for maintaining the library building, including the opening and
closing of the building on weekends. At times, the incumbent may be
the only library staff member in the building. Library Assistants
are the first point of service for nearly everyone entering the
SMJC Library building and are absolutely critical to creating a
welcoming environment and ensuring all library users and visitors
have an outstanding experience. Library Assistants provide high
quality, friendly, and effective library services to all library
users and visitors, ranging from materials movement and performing
routine library support duties including Circulation and
Interlibrary Loan operations. Reports to the Access Services
Generalist.The person in this position will work regularly
scheduled evening/weekend hours during the Fall and Spring
semesters only. The schedule for this position is:Friday: 2:00 –
6:00 p.m.Saturday: 10:00am – 6:00 p.m.Sunday: 2:00pm – 10:00 p.m.
Since this position will work less than 1000 hours per year, it is
not eligible for benefits.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the timely opening and closing of the library
- Perform circulation desk functions (check materials in/out,
collect fines, register borrowers), and rotate with team members in
staffing the Circulation Desk.
- Perform duties of Interlibrary Loan operations.
- Assists with print and electronic reserve operations.
- Assist with shelving and shelf reading.
- Troubleshoot microforms machines.
- Correspond via email and fax.
- Assist in training and supervision of student assistants as
- Participate in other activities as assigned, including but not
limited to: processing donations, repair of library materials,
organizing periodic book sales, participating in library inventory,
showcase displays, and special projects.
- Participate in team meetings and projects.
- Integrate the core values of respect, integrity, compassion,
justice and service in all aspects of interaction.
- Perform other duties as assigned.REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma required, college preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and communication
skills, both written and oral.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Word and Excel, familiar
with e-mail and internet use.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to handle multiple
- Ability to work independently within a team-based
- Library experience with an Integrated Library System or OCLC
WMS library system is desirable.
- Ability to lift 20 lbs., push/pull a 50 lb. cart, bend and
reach to high/low shelves and work standing or sitting for long
periods. ***MUST BE US WORK AUTHORIZED***
Keywords: Georgian Court University, Lakewood , Library Assistant - Part Time, Other , Lakewood, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!