Student Worker - Warehouse
Posted on: April 25, 2021
Why not work for an INDUSTRY LEADER?
POOLCORP is theworld's leading distributor of outdoor
livingproducts. We operate in more than 390 Sales Centers with
nearly 5,000 employees who proudly service the needs of our
customers. Our company strives to employonly the bestCDL and
Delivery Drivers, Warehouse Associates and Inside Sales
Representatives as well as Sales Center Managers and Operations
Because it is a place where you can grow! At POOLCORP you'll find
plenty of excellent career advancement and training opportunities
to support your career growth. And, our generous compensation and
benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, prescription
coverage, 401 (k), EAP, and discounts specifically offered to POOL
employees. During busy seasons, we also offer performance bonuses.
And finally, our family-oriented, hometown culture is supported by
a stable, large corporate enterprise - giving you the best of all
So, end your job search here - atPOOLCORP - Where Outdoor Living
Comes to Life!
The Seasonal Warehouse Intern will increase operational efficiency,
company profitability and customer satisfaction by accurately and
safely receiving and storing materials, as well as picking, packing
and scanning orders for pickup and delivery. This position is
temporary, full- time to assist with busy season, but regular,
full-time positions may become available.
What You Will Do:
- Accurately pull, fill, pack and set up orders for delivery or
- Organize shipment priorities, such as UPS, commercial carrier,
daily, job site and will call and stage the orders in uniform
fashion for ease of loading and verification.
- Assist in loading the delivery truck.
- Receive shipments, log into inventory, maintain inventory
- Locate manufacturer's packing list, verify receipt of each item
listed, sign and attach packing list to each bill of lading.
- Sign and date freight bill noting all adjustments and/or damage
to product and report any quality or inventory discrepancy issues
to the appropriate person.
- Communicate positively with supervisors, sales staff, fellow
workers and customers to coordinate deliveries/pick-up.
- Move all inventory into allocated spaces within warehouse.
- Review the P&L with the sales center manager.
- Operate a forklift safely and efficiently, maintain required
certification, perform vehicle safety checks and report
discrepancies to supervisor.
- Assist in keeping facility clean, neat, safe and operating
- Process returns accurately.
- Attend product knowledge meetings as required by
- Assist in keeping facility secure. Ensure all equipment is
stored at end of day and all doors and gates are secured.
- Maintain proficiency in computerized systems and other
technologies as required.
- Complete online training to learn about POOLCORP, the pool
industry, pool products, landscaping/irrigation and customer
- Attend conference calls with Recruiters, MIT Programs Manager
and other Interns.
- Other job duties and special projects as assigned.What We Are
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in a business related
curriculum OR working towards an Associate's or Bachelor's Degree
in a business related curriculum.
- Prior experience in distribution or warehousing preferred.
- Demonstrates strong leadership and possesses a customer service
driven attitude along with a competitive spirit.
- Ability to speak effectively to customers, employees and all
levels of management.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Follow and carry out instructions with minimal
- Ability to maneuver heavy machinery, such as pallet jacks,
forklifts, etc. and lift products up to 75 pounds.
- Prior forklift and RF gun experience helpful.
- Willing and able to work overtime if needed.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.POOLCORP is a drug-free
company and an EOE, M/F/V/D.
To apply please click apply below or email your resume
Keywords: POOLCORP, Lakewood , Student Worker - Warehouse, Professions , Lakewood, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!