Cultivation Technician- Cannabis
Company: Garden State Dispensary
Posted on: November 19, 2021
JOB DESCRIPTIONReporting to the Cultivation Manager, The
Cultivation Technician is the backbone of the horticultural process
atAYR Wellness. Responsible for care of all plants from initial
propagation through harvest, the CultivationTechnician is essential
to ensuring that the goals of the AYR Cultivation Team are
achieved-a scientific, data-driven and no-nonsense approach to
cannabis production. AYR Wellness is dedicated to becoming
theleading provider of sustainably grown premium cannabis products
to our communities.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in all aspects of cultivation operations including
propagation, transplanting, trellising, pruning, defoliating,
spacing, canopy management, and harvesting.
- Ensures daily production schedule and goals set by Cultivation
Managers/Team Leads are met.
- Assists in the movement of plants throughout the facility.
- Assists in the monitoring of irrigation systems and
environmental conditions within the facility.
- Performs plant destruction and plant waste destruction in
compliance with AYR Wellness, local and State policies.
- Accountable for accurate tracking and logging of all plants by
utilizing the inventory tracking systems in compliance with AYR
Wellness, local and State policies.
- Maintains a high level of cleanliness of all Cultivation
Equipment, Rooms and areas as well as sanitation practices
concerning handling of plants according to Company procedure.
- Assists in developing a productive work environment and
fostering a positive culture while perpetuating a curiosity for
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong desire to produce a
- Able to demonstrate sound judgement and problem solving.
- Must be 21 years of age or older as required by the NJ
- Able to pass all background checks as mandated by NJ CRC.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.PREFERRED EXPERIENCE
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Prior experience working in agriculture/horticulture, packing
houses, general production/retail greenhouses.
- Familiarity with Good Agricultural Practices/Good Handling
- Experience working in a regulated environment with a regulated
and tracked substance.
- Experience working in a trade or in a manufacturing
- Knowledge of plant diseases, insects, and fungi, as well as
plant treatment options.WORKING CONDITIONS
- The person in this position may be exposed to dust, kief,
cleaning chemicals and fumes. Although systems are in place to
remove these byproducts, there is still exposure to some degree.
- Frequently works in rooms with bright light where eye
protection is required.
- Frequently works in rooms with moderate heat and humidity.
- The person in this position is constantly exposed to moderate
background noise due to environmental systems, equipment and
- Frequently works on elevated platforms and is comfortable with
- Must be able to work on weekends, holidays or alternate
- Sitting, standing and walking motion/movement will be required
throughout the shift.
- Constant movement of hands/fingers and limbs; this position
requires good manual dexterity, coordination and stamina.
- Frequently ascends/descends a ladder to inspect/maintain
- Occasionally operates power hand tools and other cultivation
- Must be able to inspect and detect quality deviations and
- Occasional lifting, positioning or moving items up to 100
pounds.Nothing in this job description restricts management's right
to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at
any time.Pay Rate: $17.50 per hour Hours- 8am-5pm
Keywords: Garden State Dispensary, Lakewood , Cultivation Technician- Cannabis, Professions , Lakewood, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!