Plant HR Manager
Company: Church & Dwight Co.
Posted on: January 5, 2022
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a
We're a company that genuinely cares about our people, our
products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and
collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means
each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We
have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is
possible. While we might not be the largest company in our
industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because:
Together We Have the Power to Win.
The Human Resource Manager is a key member of the plant leadership
team. This position is seen as a strong business partner, working
with the leadership team to enhance culture, employee engagement,
and is a visible leader of lean manufacturing and related
processes. Provides leadership in the area of team development,
individual development, and plays a key role in maintaining a union
free environment. Leads the administration of policies and programs
covering all aspects of human resources.
- Execute on all HR strategy initiatives that are cascaded down
from Corporate Human Resources.
- Participation and oversight in all full life cycle recruiting
activities to the sites. Ensure affirmative action goals are met
for the location.
- Partnership with site staff on appropriate workforce planning
to ensure proper balance of resources and usage of contingent
- Handles complaints in a timely and effective manner, assures
responsiveness to employee concerns.
- Manages plant benefits, compensations, and payroll related
- Provides leadership in promoting and maintaining a high
performing team culture within the plant.
- Develops efficient work and productivity targets for department
while continually improving service to plant departments.
- Set strategy on training and development programs that offer
greater skill sets to team members which improve efficiency, costs,
quality, and leadership.
- Develops and manages a succession plan I conjunction with
management and lead talent management efforts.
- Assures the management and employees maintain awareness and
operate by standards of conduct.
- Develop, maintain, implement, and communicate local and company
- Develops and implements employee rewards, incentives, and
- Ensures that state and federal employment regulations are not
violated, and plant remains current on revisions and new law or
company policy. Educates all team members of changes to law and
- Management and development of 3 direct reports.
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Organizational/time management skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels of
- Ability to work for long periods of time, under pressure to
produce results. Flexibility in a schedule is sometimes
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality and
- Proficient in Microsoft office and other HR systems knowledge
(HRIS, ATA, Payroll)
- Knowledge of state and federal laws.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a HR Management role
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resource Management or related field
- HR certifications or advance education is a plus.
- Prior work experience in a Manufacturing and/or Distribution
- People management experience.
- Experience with strategy and partnerships on training programs
to build technical talent within a manufacturing/distribution
COVID VACCINE REQUIREMENT*: To support the health and safety of our
team members, successful candidates for employment in this role
must (1) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and to have
submitted proof of vaccination status, or (2) request and receive
an approved accommodation based on medical circumstances or
sincerely held religious beliefs, practices or observances.
*Only applicable for Corporate positions based in Princeton, NJ and
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture
visit us at
Keywords: Church & Dwight Co., Lakewood , Plant HR Manager, Professions , Lakewood, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!