Project Superintendent (Commercial Building Construction) - P.J. DICK, INC.
Company: PJ Dick-Trumbull-Lindy Paving
Posted on: January 5, 2022
The PJTC Holdings, Inc. family of construction companies is a
premier provider of comprehensive general contracting and
construction management services. Consistently ranked one of the
Top 100 builders nationally by Engineering News-Record, and
regionally as one of Pittsburgh's "Best Places to Work," we attract
the finest talent to deliver quality projects across our markets.
P.J. DICK INCORPORATED, a leading building construction services
company is looking for Commercial Building Construction
Superintendents to join its Operations team to manage projects in
Central New Jersey region. PRIMARY FUNCTION: Provide overall
on-site administrative and technical management on construction
project site. Typical project size is up to $10 million. TYPICAL
- Supervise and direct total construction effort to ensure
project is constructed in accordance with design, budget, and
schedule. Includes interfacing with client representatives, other
- Pre-plan, plan, coordinate, and supervise on-site functions
(scheduling, engineering, material control).
- Supervise craft employees and/or other contractors as required
by the contract. Must be thoroughly familiar with the scope and
responsibility of each subcontractor and supplier.
- May authorize and/or approve all project personnel
transactions, purchase requisitions, field design change requests,
- Provide technical assistance, i,e., interpretation of drawings,
recommending construction methods and equipment, etc., as
- Assist project management in developing and implementing
project procedures, working documents, standards, etc.
- Maintain official project log and documentation files.
- Ensure all on-site personnel comply with project procedures,
safety program requirements, work rules, etc. Document all
violations; notify project management, recommend/implement
corrective actions as required.
- Assume responsibility for productivity of crafts, efficient use
of materials and equipment, and contractual performance of the
- Communicate performance efficiency to estimating to identify
bid unit problems and/or to ascertain work method contemplated in
- Continually monitor the schedule, cost report, and
profitability of the work and initiate corrective action
immediately when problems arise, Must ensure that cost report and
quantities are current at all times.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
- Understands Scheduling and scheduling process.
- Monitors Project Quality Control and Quality Assurance in the
- Understands the "BIM" process and field coordination of MEP
systems. SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Educational and experience requirements include: Minimum of Ten
(10) years construction management and/or craft supervision
experience in commercial, higher education, healthcare and or
industrial projects. Thorough knowledge of all aspects of
construction required (technology, equipment, methods, craft
agreements, jurisdiction, negotiations, engineering, cost control,
schedules, and safety). Excellent communication, organizational,
and supervisory skills essential. Equal Opportunity Employer -
Minorities/Females/Covered Veterans/Individuals with
Keywords: PJ Dick-Trumbull-Lindy Paving, Lakewood , Project Superintendent (Commercial Building Construction) - P.J. DICK, INC., Professions , Lakewood, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!